A Note From Kenneth Sng, Speaker of the Treasury

Dear Presidents and Treasurers,

Treasury held its internal elections last Tuesday and I am pleased to inform you that I will be serving as your new Speaker of the Treasury. Hunter Malasky will be taking over my position as Budget Committee Chair and Danyao Xu will be the new Chair for Student Group Activities Committee (SGAC).

Allow me to introduce the new committee chairs and myself: Hunter is a junior majoring in Biology and Political Science; he has served on Budget Committee for three consecutive semesters and he will be serving his fourth semester as Chair. Danyao is a sophomore majoring in Biology and Marketing; she spent two semesters in Budget Committee and her third semester in SGAC; she will be serving in the coming semester as SGAC Chair. As for me, my name is Kenneth Sng and I am a sophomore majoring in Economics in the College of Arts & Sciences; I spent three semester in Budget Committee and I was the previous BC Chair. We are all very excited to work with you for the remainder of this semester and the coming Spring 2015 semester.

Here are a few important announcements from Treasury:

Budget Allocations and Category Change Approval

Treasury will be meeting this Tuesday, 9.30pm, in Simon 113, to approve the recommendations by Budget Committee and SGAC. Hunter will give an overview of the allocations that were done for Spring 2015 student group budgets and Danyao will present on SGAC’s recommendation on category change for existing groups and registration for new student groups on campus. All Treasury sessions are open to the public and I highly encourage you to attend this session.

Treasury Engagement Session

If you can’t make it on Tuesday night, we will be holding a Treasury Engagement Session this coming Friday (Nov 21), 3.30pm to 5.30pm, in Simon 109. This session is really meant for engaging student groups and will be much more discursive and feedback-seeking in nature. The session will begin with a short presentation followed by a dialogue. Students can ask any questions regarding budget allocations, category change applications, starting a new student group, appeals, etc. All Treasury representatives will be attending this event and they will be more than happy to answer any questions and collect feedback/suggestions. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP by filling up this form. I highly encourage that you extend the invitation to members of your student group.

Treasury Appeals

Please take note that there will only be two more Treasury sessions this semester: this coming Tuesday (Nov 18) and the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (Dec 2). If you are interested in making an appeal above $1,000 for an event held in early January, I would highly encourage that you turn in an appeal to get it in time for the next two Treasury sessions. Appeals will be seen on a first come first serve basis.

If you have questions regarding budget allocations, please contact Budget Committee Chair Hunter Malasky at ude.l1521636514tsuw.1521636514us@te1521636514gdub1521636514. If you interested in starting a new student group or changing your student group’s category, you can contact Danyao Xu at ude.l1521636514tsuw.1521636514us@ca1521636514gs1521636514 to find out more. For questions on appeals or any other Treasury matters, you may contact me at ude.l1521636514tsuw.1521636514us@yr1521636514usaer1521636514t1521636514.

Thank you very much and we look forward to working with you in the coming Spring 2015 semester!

Yours sincerely,

Kenneth Sng