Below you will find a copy of the email sent to a select set of student groups that the Gargoyle and Mallinckrodt 100A will be closing and converted to permanent office spaces.
Dear Washington University Student Groups,
You are receiving this email because your student group is a frequent user of the Gargoyle and Mallinckrodt 100A.
The Gargoyle and Mallinckrodt 100A will not be available for reservations or use after Commencement 2019. Beginning this summer, the University is converting those spaces into permanent office spaces. We understand that this will impact the ability of your group to host the rehearsals and practices that are frequently held in these spaces, and we would like to remind you of some alternative spaces that are currently under-utilized for rehearsals and practices. In addition, we have some helpful ways of securing space for you.
Reservations for all spaces for the fall 2019 semester (except for pooled classrooms) can be made beginning Monday, March 18 (the Monday after spring break) after 8:30 am.
Listed below are options for your practices and rehearsals.
- Lopata House Multipurpose Room
- Mudd Multipurpose Room
- McMillan Café
- Village Black Box
- DUC 233 and 276 can be reserved beginning at 10:00 pm during the week for dancing; beginning at 4 p.m. on Friday and any time during the weekend
- Pooled classrooms can be reserved for dance rehearsal after 4 p.m. on Fridays and any time on the weekend. Two weeks after the semester begins, dance groups can only book classrooms for rehearsal space depending on the location of the room requested.
- Performing Arts Dance Studios
- Performing Arts Department Women’s Building studio spaces are available to non PAD classwork Friday evening through Sunday evening. Requests can only be submitted after 3:00pm on Thursday afternoons for the following weekend. Two hours can be requested per group and your student group will be charged $25.00 for every 2 hour block used. Please reserve at www.reserveaspace.wustl.edu and select Performing Art Spaces
- Umrath Lounge
- Umrath Lounge will be available for rehearsals and practices from 10 pm – midnight nightly for rehearsals. This will be based upon space availability and there will be no rental fee. This program will be piloted for the fall semester and will be revisited for viability. Please reserve at www.reserveaspace.wustl.edu and select Campus Premier Spaces.
- Athletics Studios
- The South-40 Dance Studio in South-40 house will be available for rehearsals and practices. This will be based upon space availability and there will be no rental fee. This program will be piloted for the fall semester and will be revisited for viability. The Olympic Studio in the Sumers Recreation Center can also be reserved for a cost of $25.00 per hour. Both spaces can be reserved at www.reserveaspace.wustl.edu by selecting Campus Premier Spaces.
If you are in need of assistance in finding the most appropriate option for you, please feel free to contact our student group event coordinator, Brittany Panus (email@example.com ) or Campus Life at 314.935.3443.
In addition, we are always happy to schedule some time to discuss alternatives we may not be aware of.
Thank you for your flexibility as we explore new ways to accommodate your needs as an active contributor to campus life at Washington University.