Hello Presidents and Treasurers,
Happy Tuesday! I would like to start by introducing Ariel Ashie, SU’s new VP Finance, and don’t worry I’m back and will still be sending you all emails for the next year 🙂
Here a few reminders for the rest of the semester:
- Fall 2019 Budgets Released
- End of Semester Dates & Reminders
- Carryforward requests
Fall 2019 Budgets Released:
Student group budgets for Fall 2o19 are now available to view on SU Finance. If you haven’t had a chance to look at your budget yet, I strongly encourage you do so. If you have any questions, please reach out to Arjan, Budget Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
End of Semesters Dates:
- April 12 – Think about your summer location and where your checks should be mailed
- April 12 – Last day to use any credit card
- April 28- Last day to use the paint room and paint the underpass (upon registration)
- April 28- Last day to program during the Spring semester
- We ask that groups not program during reading and finals weeks. The Last Day to Program rule helps to ensure that students take a break from their student group activities to focus on studying for exams. Groups may request an exception for reading/finals week by filling out this request form on WUGO. Exceptions are made for study-break type events with minimal planning involved. If missing the event will negatively impact members in any way, the event will not be approved.
- April 30 – Last day to submit request forms and carryforward requests
- May 20 – July 19 – SU Finance is unavailable to student groups.
- July 19- Fall accounts open for Fall 2019 programming – work with your Business Coordinator and GPS advisors to process accordingly
End of Semester Reminders:
- Deposit all cash and checks before you leave for the summer
- Check your email and “my pending requests” in SU Finance for returned/rejected request forms everyday
- Fill out request forms for: meeting spaces, WFF, Bon Appetit, Facilities, mailings, etc.
- The deadline to turn in request forms is within 14 days of purchase. This policy is being enforced and any reimbursements that fail to meet this deadline will not be processed.
- Carryforward requests only apply to the following allocated accounts: operating, appeals and revenue. Fundraising and gifts accounts automatically carried forward to the next semester.
- Carryforward requests are made for funds that are not spent for a reason outside of the group’s control or appeals that were granted in the spring that need to be spent in the fall semester. Requests will be granted on a case-by-case basis by the VP of Finance and SU Business Manager. Examples of requests may include speaker cancellations, vendors not sending bills in a timely matter and/or weather related circumstances.
- These are exceptions and your group should not depend on these requests to be granted. Funds should be spent during the semester during which they were allocated.
To request a carryforward, please follow these steps:
- Go to SU Finance
- Fill out a request form
- Select type of request
- Carry forward request
- In the description please explain, in detail, the reason your group is requesting this carryforward
- Select requested amount
- Enter the amount of funds requested to be carried forward in the correct account
- For groups that submit a carryforward request, the president and treasurer listed in SU Finance can expect an email by June 30, 2019 with the decision about the carryforward request.
Access to Your Student Group Accounts:
Student group accounts will be closed on May 20, 2019. After this time, you will be unable to submit request forms. Accounts will become available for the fall semester after July 19th. If your group is traveling over the break and needs access to your account, please make arrangements with your assigned business coordinator.
*Students will not have access to SU Finance from May 20 to July 19, 2019.
Please reach out to me or Ariel with any questions!