President & Treasurer Email 2/19/20

Hello all! 
I hope this semester is treating you well! As some of you know, last Saturday during Student Union’s annual General Budget session, I requested that all Category I student groups be allocated $1.4M out of the $3.76M Student Union will receive in funding for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. I am happy to announce Category I groups will receive $1,394,496.50. It is my hope that this amount of funding eliminates the need for funding percentages. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me. 
As always, below are the updates for the week. 
Important Dates Tentative Budget Release: February 28th Post Allocation Office Hours: March 2nd – March 6thLast Day to Use Credit Card: April 21st Last Day to Program: April 26th Last Day to Submit Expense Requests: April 28th  
Student Union Elections My time as Student Union Vice President of Finance is coming to an end! It has certainly been challenging but also incredibly rewarding and a wonderful opportunity for personal growth. All of you are wonderful leaders and would bring a lot to any of the available roles. If you are interested in my position, please feel free to reach out to me. You can find the candidate form here

spring2020elections-04.png

Dining with Decision Makers

Below is the information for a new event that provides an opportunity for students to have dinner and meet with the Board of Trustees. I’m attaching a flyer that was developed and ran in the paper to promote both Dining with Decision Makers and the selection process for this year’s UG reps to the Board of Trustees. I’d really love to encourage you to apply or any of your members to apply for this unique opportunity. So if you have anyone you’d recommend  you can also let me know.

Application Deadline this Week for Dining with Decision Makers (Meet WashU’s Board of Trustees)

Dining with Decision Makers is an annual event to give Washington University students the opportunity to share their experiences and views and meet with the university’s Board of Trustees. Applications are due this week. The application and more information can be found at students.wustl.edu/dining

Applications are being accepted for twenty (20) students, both undergraduate, graduate and professional students, to attend the Washington University Board of Trustees March Board Meeting Dinner on March 5th, 2020. The students chosen are provided a distinctive and significant opportunity to meet the chief-decision makers of the university.

Best,

Ariel