President & Treasurer Email 3/17/20

Hello All,

I hope this email finds you all safe and well following this past week. My name is Alexa Jochims, and I am Ariel’s successor as the next Vice President of Finance. While things may look a bit different over the next several months, I am incredibly excited to work with all of you in the coming year. I have included a lot of information below based on the concerns and questions I’ve received over the past week, so I apologize for the length!

Here is the information that can be found below:

• Reimbursements + Refunds
  • Spring 2020 Spending
  • Contracts [signed and unsigned]
  • Fall 2020 Budgets
  • COVID-19 Resources + Feedback Form

Reimbursements and Refunds:

All expense requests are due Monday, April 6 to allow the Business Coordinators to accurately process reimbursement and close all SU accounts. If possible, please submit all requests as soon as possible so we can best determine how all of our accounts look! With this, please make sure to provide the mailroom with the forwarding address you will be using (after March 9) to ensure that you receive any reimbursements. 

For refunds, we must keep track of how all refunds are being distributed, particularly for travel-related expenses. Please continue to fill out this form so that we can keep track of how refunds are being sent back to students / SU! If you have any questions about how to go about requesting a refund and where to send it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Business Coordinator.

Spring 2020 Spending: 

Some of you have asked if the cancellation of all student group programming will affect your Spring 2020 spending (particularly the 90% rule); please know that it most definitely will not.

Contracts

Please reach out to Beth Doores for guidance in cancelling a signed contract; if postponing the contract is an option for a speaker your group intended to bring to campus, we encourage you to work with Campus Life to do so! For unsigned contracts where payment is not owed, you are encouraged to still work with Campus Life to officially pull out of the contract.

Fall 2020 Budgets:

We still encourage you all to reach out to Zachary Sorensen with any concerns, questions, or feedback you have regarding your Fall 2020 budgets. We are still determining what Post-Allocation Office Hours will look like for the remainder of the year; regardless, please do not hesitate to let him know if do have any questions or would like to talk through your budget with Zach or your BAT leaders over ~Zoom~.

COVID-19 Resources + Feedback Form:

The SU Executive Board has been meeting with a number of administrators to gain context about our current situation and speak about the concerns you have shared with us. You can share your concerns with us through this form. While we will make every effort to share your concerns with university officials, please note that this is a feedback form and we will not be able to address each response directly. In addition, resources can be both accessed and offered in this spreadsheet. You all are welcome to distribute these resources to your group members!

Over the past several years, I have seen how hard you all work in your respective groups. I have so much respect for all that you do and have done both on and off of our campus, and I am incredibly sorry that your groups’ goals have been cut short. If there is anything I can do at this time for you or your group members, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Alexa