I hope you all are doing well and getting adjusted to your online classes. Below is generally all of the same information with some additional information about student group re-registration!
- Re-registration opens tomorrow, April 1, and closes April 17. The link can be found here. Please re-register ASAP so you are not frozen and so your next president and treasurer have access to WUGO/SUFinance/Reserve-A-Space in the fall! Questions can be directed to Peggy Hermes.
- SU’s Executive Board has compiled both University information and clarifications from our conversations with University administrators on the COVID-19 Corner of the SU Website. Feel free to take a look, share the link, and email any of us if you feel that there is additional information you would like us to clarify.
- Please reach out to Beth Doores for guidance on cancelling a signed contract! Partial/unsigned contracts can be cancelled through your respective contact.
Here is the information that can be found below:
- Carryforward Requests
- Reimbursements + Refunds
- Virtual Programming
- COVID-19 Resources + Feedback Form
To ensure that the Student Activities Fee is used for all current undergraduate students and also to avoid over-programming in the fall, I’ve included several criteria for the Carryforward requests that can be considered to move some portion of your Spring 2020 funding to Fall 2020. All Carryforward requests are due by Monday, April 13.
- Carryforward requests only apply to the following allocated accounts: operating, appeals and revenue. Fundraising and gifts accounts are automatically carried forward to the next semester.
- Carryforward requests are made for funds that were not spent for a reason outside of the group’s control or appeals that were granted in the spring that need to be spent in the fall semester. Requests will be granted on a case-by-case basis by the VP Finance and the SU Business Manager. Examples of requests may include speaker cancellations, vendors not selling bills in a timely manner and/or weather-related circumstances.
- Carryforward requests will not be granted for supplemental events (GBMs, Info Sessions, Socials, etc.). Large-scale socials will be considered only if your group does not have a large-scale social planned for the fall.
- If your group has the same program / event planned for the fall for which you are requesting a carryforward, these requests will unfortunately not be seen.
To request a carryforward, please follow these steps:
- Go to SUFinance
- Fill out a request form
- Select type of request
- Carryforward request
- In the description, please explain in detail the reason your group is requesting this carryforward
- Select requested amount
- Enter the amount of funds requested to be carried forward in the correct amount
For groups that submit a carryforward request, the president and treasurer listed in SU Finance can expect an email by April 30 with the decision about the carryforward. Additional questions can be directed to email@example.com!
Reimbursements + Refunds:
In an effort to close our accounts as quickly as possible and determine what to do with our unspent funds, please do your best to upload any expense requests as quickly as possible! They are still officially due Monday, April 6, but the sooner they are submitted, the sooner the Business Coordinators can determine how our accounts look. No spending should be occurring at this point — feel free to reach out to your Business Coordinator with questions about this. For groups that used the SU Visa prior to Spring Break, please upload the receipts into the requests so that we can process the payments that have reached that card. With this, please make sure to provide the mailroom with the forwarding address you will be using (after March 9) to ensure that you receive any reimbursements.
For refunds, we must keep track of how all refunds are being distributed, particularly for travel-related expenses. Please continue to fill out this form so that we can keep track of how refunds are being sent back to students / SU! If you have any questions about how to go about requesting a refund and where to send it, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Business Coordinator.
To maintain community among your group members, we encourage you all to utilize Zoom and similar platforms to continue with your GBMs, discussions, elections, etc. DirectPoll is highly recommended for online elections (voting links can be sent directly into the Zoom chat), and keep in mind that screen sharing is also an option to share presentations. We are currently determining the feasibility of setting aside an appeals account for fees associated with alternative virtual programming; if you have questions about this, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
COVID-19 Resources + Feedback Form:
- You can share your concerns with us through this form. While we will make every effort to share your concerns with University officials, please note that this is a feedback form and we will not be able to address each response directly.
- Resources can be both accessed and offered in this spreadsheet.
- University + SU updates can be found on the SU Website’s COVID-19 Corner.
As always, please let me know if you have any additional questions / comments / concerns!
All the best,