WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY IN ST. LOUIS STUDENT UNION SENATE MEETING
DATE CONVENED // April 18th, 2020
LOCATION // Zoom
RECORDING SECRETARY // EVP Anne He
TIME CONVENED // 8:00pm — Speaker Gaby Smith Calls to Order
|AGENDA 4/14/2020Senate SessionRA Compensation Resolution|
RA Compensation Resolution
- The Health & Wellness Committee unanimously voted to pass the resolution and is now brought to the Senate for a full body vote.
- RA compensation is given on top of financial aid usually
- First year RAs get half meal plan, second year get full
- 96% of RAs responded to polls that they’re still performing their duties right now – answering student concerns or providing resources
- Given university updates, still trying to advocate for all RAs who qualify for work study
- Many echoings that RAs are the number 1 point of contact for students and especially those who are in need should be compensated
- It’s important that Senate as a body takes a stance on this by passing this resolution. But this resolution is not the ending advocacy goal – the goal is to continue to speak to administrators to advocate for the ideas in this resolution.
- 12/12 unanimous vote to pass the resolution!
- Reach out to Ranen about Op-Ed for Stimulus Checks