I hope you all are safe and well! Following Chancellor Martin’s recent email, I have some initial updates about general timelines and the fall semester. More concrete updates regarding fall programming will come out by July 31.
- The Center for Diversity and Inclusion will be holding a number of events and workshops outlined on this page in the week ahead — I encourage you and your group members to attend!
- Please fill out this form to help Campus Life and the University discuss programming guidelines / gauge student group support for the fall semester. More information can be found by clicking on the link.
- Register for the Fall Activities Fair here! In the meantime, we are putting together some promo/marketing videos for student groups (particularly targeted toward incoming First-Years), so please send any videos of your group performing/interviewing each other/etc. (really any content) to email@example.com!
- Student Group Leaders Training will take place virtually in the fall semester; specifics will be provided later the summer.
Here is the information that can be found below:
- Updated fall timeline (subject to change)
- Carry forward request updates
- WashU Votes Update: Voter Registration
- Campus Life student group update (sent to all groups last week) — copied and pasted below my signature, so the formatting is a bit off.
Updated Fall Timeline (subject to change):
- Fall Activities Fair: Sometime between 9/14 and 9/18
- New Group Recognition / Category Change Application deadline: September 25 at 11:45pm
- Category I & Category II budget submission deadline: October 7 at 5:00pm
Carry forward request updates:
In light of the many unknowns regarding fall programming with the continuation of COVID-19, we have made the decision to cancel all carry forward requests since we do not currently know what programming will be allowed come September. The only carry forward requests approved will be those surrounding unpaid invoices — feel free to reach out if you have questions about this! Instead, pending approval from Treasury, we will be moving the money set aside for carry forward requests to the SU Appeals Accounts. This will mean that the appealing process will be the avenue to access funding for the events described in your carry forward requests, which we recognize may be more challenging. I sincerely apologize for this and promise to help you all with this process this fall.
WashU Votes Update:
As summer starts and we look ahead to the next school year, now is a good time for you and members of your student group to ensure that your voter registration is accurate for the upcoming elections. If your address is changing next school year, you can update your voter registration using TurboVote. If you have never registered to vote and are interested in doing so, you can also do that at the TurboVote link. Feel free to pass this information along to others in your student group, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you all in the fall. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions, concerns, or feedback. Stay safe and well.