The underpass is available for reservation by all Student Union registered groups on su.wustl.edu. Please note the Paint Room is located in the Carriage House next to the Alumni and Development Office on the South 40.
- The Underpass operates on a first come first served reservation system. Events advertised must be open to the entire campus community. All reservations are made for a period of no more than seven (7) days. There must be at least one week between any two reservations made by the same group for the same event.
- Events that are co-sponsored by two or more groups are only allowed one space on the underpass for that event. Spaces are large enough for all details to be included.
- University departments who wish to reserve the underpass are limited to spaces available no more than three weeks prior to their desired date. Student Union does not provide paint or painting supplies to University departments. Also, due to the popularity of the sculpted sections (12, 13, and 14) departments will be allowed to utilize those sections based on availability one week prior to their desired reservation date.
- Only the paint supplies provided in the Paint Room are allowed (no spray paint or 3D paint supplies)
- Fall Orientation Programs will have access to the entire underpass from mid August until the first day
of classes. Athletics has section 1 and CS40 has section 25. Student Union has sections 10, 11, 15 and 16.
These are standing reservations on the Underpass
- All Underpass advertisements must contain the name of the sponsoring group(s) and the date of the
event. All SU groups must include the SU logo or the phrase “Brought to you by Student Union” or
“Brought to you by your student activity fee”.
- If a group paints a space they have not reserved, and if this action defaces the advertisement of
another student group, the group at fault will be assessed a $100 penalty, to be paid to the affected
- Falsifying reservations will result in a $100 penalty and your group will not be allowed to reserve the
underpass for one year.
- If your group should happen to spill paint you must immediately call WFF AT 314-935-9314 DURING BUSINESS HOURS 8:30 TO 5:00PM. AFTER HOURS 314-652-2388.
- Groups/departments and/or individuals will be held financially responsible for any clean up or damage caused by spills or misuse of paint and supplies.
- Failure to report a paint spill will result in revoked privileges.
PAINTING IS PROHIBITED ON:
- SIDEWALKS, SIDEWALLS OR WALKWAYS WITHIN OR AROUND THE UNDERPASS
- LIGHTS, GROUND, AND CEILING WITHIN THE UNDERPASS
- ANYTHING EXCEPT YOUR RESERVED DESIGNATED PANEL
ANY VIOLATION OF THE UNDERPASS POLICY SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE STUDENT UNION AT 935-7878.
Student Union reserves the right to change policies at any time.