Paint Room & UnderpassPaint Room PolicyPaint Spills
- The paint room is located on the South 40 in the Carriage House, which is connected to the Alumni House. Paint room hours are posted on the whiteboard of the second floor of the SU office. If no one is at the paint room during these hours to help you call the numbers listed on the door for assistance.
- Travel to the Carriage House and ask the student worker to help you get your paints and supplies.
- Gather your materials
- Paint (limit 3)
- Roller (limit 2)
- Brush (limit 3)
- Tray Liner (limit 2)
- Large Tray (limit 1)
- Handle (limit 2)
- Can Opener
- Paint Stick
- Extension Pole
- Bin (numbered)
- Pull Wagon (numbered)
- Pad Lock (numbered)
- Security Cable
- Oil Absorbent
- Miscellaneous – gloves, shoe covers, etc.
- When you are ready to paint, load up one of the wagons provided to you and go to your reserved Underpass panel via the ramp between the parking lot and the pathway from the Clocktower to the Underpass.
What shouldn’t you do?
- Do not lock your paint cart to the lamp post by the underpass or really anywhere other than the designated location.
- Do not bring paint into any of the buildings
- Do not put handprints on the ceiling, other people’s reserved panels, on the walls, or really anywhere except your own reserved panel.
Check out the Paint Room Policy (located in the next tab section) for more do’s and don’ts!!!
Student Union Paint Room Policy
- Paint and supplies are provided free of charge by Student Union to any Student Union group who reserves Underpass space. Students are only allowed to use latex paint; spray paint or 3D paint is not permitted.
- Paint supplies may be checked out from the Carriage House, next to the Alumni House on the South 40, please check the whiteboard of the SU office for the paint room hours. If no one is there to help you during these hours, please call the phone numbers posted on the door and someone will assist you. The Paint Room is not available outside of these hours.
- The only places paints and supplies are allowed are the Carriage House and the Underpass while painting. Paints and supplies are not allowed in any University buildings nor should they be left in random areas of campus while not in use. There will be a $100 fine assessed to your student group’s fundraising or gift account for any paint and supplies found where they aren’t permitted.
- Student groups are allowed to checkout a maximum of 3 colors of paint. If additional colors are needed, paint must be returned before more paint can be checked out.
- Student groups are responsible for cleaning up their work area at the Underpass.
Cleaning Instructions are as follows:
- Unused paint cannot be left in the paint tray and must be poured back into the paint can.
- Please use the disposable gloves and trash bag provided to group at check out to:
- Remove rollers from roller handles
- Dispose of used paint brushes and plastic tray liners
- There will be a fine up to $50 assessed to your student group’s fundraising or gift account if supplies are not returned clean and in “ready to use again” condition.
- Student groups and/or individuals may be held financially responsible for any harm or damage caused by misuse of paint and supplies, as well as any paint spills or vandalism. This includes additional charges from other WU departments that involve interior or exterior cleanup and/or damages to University property.
- Any paint and supplies checked out must be returned no later than 12:00 pm the next business day.
- If returned during normal Paint Room hours, then they must be checked in by SU Staff.
- If returned after Paint Room hours, then they must be locked up outside the Paint Room.
- Student groups are responsible for returning paint and supplies to the Student Union Paint Room. Under no circumstances may paint, supplies or trash be left in or around the Underpass or the South 40.
- Failure to observe any of these policies will result in immediate fines and suspension of underpass privileges. Other sanctions may also be applied if deemed appropriate by Student Union.
- If your group should happen to spill paint you must immediately call WFF AT 314-935-9314 DURING BUSINESS HOURS 8:30 TO 5:00PM. AFTER HOURS 314-652-2388.
- Groups/departments and/or individuals will be held financially responsible for any clean up or damage caused by spills or misuse of paint and supplies.
- Failure to report a paint spill will result in revoked privileges.
PAINTING IS PROHIBITED ON:
- SIDEWALLS OR WALKWAYS WITHIN OR AROUND THE UNDERPASS
- THE GROUND AND CEILING WITHIN THE UNDERPASS
- ANYTHING EXCEPT YOUR RESERVED DESIGNATED PANEL
- ANY VIOLATION OF THE UNDERPASS POLICY SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE STUDENT UNION AT 935-7878.